Sunday, September 2, 2012

YEAR TWO

Well, it was less of a contest than an Annual Passing of the Snake Spoon.  And now the stakes had been raised.  If Gram had painted it gold, I had to go the next step: costumes.

The first was Santa Claus.  Sadly, my family hasn't unearthed a photo of the Santa Claus Snake, but I can assume it was still rather rudimentary.  Probably just the gold Snakespoon wearing a Santa hat.  Or it could have been a dazzling display of arts and crafts genius resulting in a gold spoon that had been moulded into the exact likeness of Edmund Gwenn from MIRACLE ON 34th STREET..... but since I was probably more interested in, well, girls, probably not.

The following year, Gram countered with a thematic response:

Rudolph.

There have been worse pictures taken of me in my life, but I have burned most of them and CERTAINLY wouldn't post them on the internet.  However, as this is possibly the only copy of the Rudolph Snakespoon that exists, I'm taking one for the team.

Note the still rudimentary design: the original eyes, one dyed pipe cleaner as antlers, and I'm assuming she added the black tape around the handle since I really can't explain why I would have put that on for Santa Claus the year before.  

It is worth noting that this is the last year that the Snakespoon truly resembled a spoon for quite some time.  Because the ante had been upped.  Time to take it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment