Tuesday, September 4, 2012

YEAR FOURTEEN

THE FROG PRINCE


When I graduated from college, I got the lead role in a children's theatre touring production of The Frog Prince.  It was way fun.  I had rehearsals up in New Paltz, New York, which is my version of heaven, and toured the state of New York with the show until ending at the Kennedy Center in DC.  My family lives in Baltimore so getting to the Kennedy Center was pretty easy and everybody got to come and see the show.

From that point on, everything was about frogs.  Gram would send me frog cards, frog jokes, etc.  Why it took her so long to get around to making a frog Snakespoon is beyond me, but here it is several years later.

Do note the golden fangs, the eyelids and what I think is a Crown Royal cap.  Also note the melted Wicked Witch of the West on the ground beside him.........

Okay, so, if the Frog Prince is supposed to be me (because I'm the Frog Prince, remember), then why not throw in some other things from my childhood while we're at it?  At least, I'm assuming this was what was going through her head when she put the Wicked Witch there.  You see, when I was  a kid I was OBSESSED with that scene and would sit with my Aunt Holly (and possibly my Mom and Aunt Lulu) and say "Okay, draw the Witch.  Now draw Dorothy.  Now draw Dorothy with a pail of water.  Now draw Dorothy throwing the water on the Witch.  Now show the Witch melting JUST A LITTLE.  Okay, now draw the Witch melting a little more.  Now a little more.  Now just draw the hat and cape on the floor.  Okay.  Now.  Draw the Witch.  Now draw Dorothy........"  I guess I enjoyed REEEAAALLLYY  SSLLLOOWWW animation.

So I assume that's what she's doing there.  Melted in the Frog Prince's bog.

No comments:

Post a Comment