Tuesday, September 4, 2012

YEAR NINETEEN

KNIGHT OF THE SNAKESPOONS


The year I got Pepe the Snakespoon, I was with my family at a kitchen supply store - you know, one of those Hammacher Schlemmer-type specialty stores - and I saw this really cool metal soup ladle that had a strainer in the front of it.  It looked just like a knight's helmet and visor.  Luckily for me, I have a family tradition of dressing up spoons.

....I pause briefly to really take that in and think about what other, more normal, people think about us.

Ok, I'm over it.

So naturally, I bought the thing and kept it at home.  Next came the horse, the lance and the flag.

Now I'll be honest here.  This is merely "okay."  I really think more could have been done here.  Although I seem to recall him having arms and he was holding the lance so perhaps its just the photograph that's not doing it for me.....

But the feather is a winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment