Monday, September 3, 2012

YEAR NINE

AND THE OSCAR GOES TO.....


Isn't she cute?

So this was a year that I must confess, I had far less to do with the snake construction than my Aunt Holly did.  I'm not sure if it was because I had just moved to Los Angeles and hadn't gotten around to it or what, but the bulk -if not all- of the snake spoon credit this year definitely goes to Aunt Holly.

Gram always wanted to be an actress and has two grandsons who were foolish enough to choose that as their career as well, so I figured we owed her an Oscar for creating those two performers.  (I can all but guarantee this was not my thinking at the time, but it sounds good so I'm going with it.  So there.)

Though, Gram really deserves an Oscar for the night we played Scattergories and she had to make us guess a famous person.  After getting flustered because of the time constraint (a true Gram trait), she opened her eyes wide and held out her arm as if she was holding something, shook it back and forth and said, "IIII've got a knife!!"

Nope.  Nobody got it.

So she tried again.  Doing the exact same thing.  "IIIII've goat  knife!"

Time!

"Who was that supposed to be?"

"Jack Nicholson!  From The Shining!"

Of course it was.  One Oscar, coming up.



PS.
Remember when I said most of the credit goes to Holly on this one?  Yeah, so that means I can't explain whether the Oscar is at a podium, holding a sword, is using a jackhammer, or is intensely Christian.

.... But Intensely Christian is a great name for something.  Maybe a really potent Christian Dior perfume.....  anybody know how to get to his publicist?

No comments:

Post a Comment