Tuesday, September 4, 2012

YEAR TWENTY

POE.


I wrote a play called NEVERMORE.  I spent years on it and I finally, after a very long involved process, produced and directed it at a small theater in Hollywood.  I'm very proud of it and it was a great experience.

The family came out to see this one as well, fortunately!  Alas, my grandparents wouldn't be able to make it, so I filmed it one day and gave them a copy.

And that year for Christmas: yup.

This is actually a scene from the play where Edgar Allan Poe finds himself being bricked up, a la CASK OF AMONTILLADO, in a wall.

First, this is pretty impressive workmanship.  I wish my show had looked this authentic.  Alas.....   And yes, there IS a spoon back there, he's just wearing an Edgar Allan Poe mask.  I liken this to people who want to just wear store-bought masks on Halloween instead of using make-up to create a character.  It's a shy spoon.  He likes the dark.  Fortunately.

Do note the raven up top.

And let me pause to say YEAR TWENTY!!??  Seriously!?  We've been dressing up spoons for TWO DECADES!?

God, I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment